#2 (A Heartbreak)


A HEARTBREAK

Out on a cold London night
I strolled past the lights
Dim and flickering as was
My life, my life here
Blew past me a wind
So frosty and frigid.

As miserable as I was
My misfortune spelled out
In front of me by a voice I
Recognized as that of Fate
Of which I cared so little about
Back the day when I was a free man.

Now I am burdened with
The chains of what resemble
Frigid steel and emotionless silver
A shade so metallic, which has
Seemed to pierce my heart through
An interstice too large for patches.

So disdainful is the feeling that
It kills the soul inside out, and twists
The mind about something that
You wouldn’t likely get back
The image still pertains in my mind, a place
That belonged to her once.

How harrowing it is for one to feel
Utter heartbreak that one couldn’t
Feel anything, anything but a tap
On his shoulder, by Fate herself
Telling him something that he
Cannot ever bear to discern.

The crossroads stood before me
A place hardly illuminated with
Souls and lights alike
A locale synonymous with
My mind and my soul.

-F. Julian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#14 (And Hence Love Waned)

#8 (Mother)

#4 (A Eulogy)