#3 (I Never Had A Friend)


I NEVER HAD A FRIEND


What I had so proudly remembered
As a friendship to last a lifetime
I thought to myself that I, I had
Found the perfect set of bruvvers
But, oh boy was I wrong
So idyll were my notions.

I had seen people go in and go
Out with their companions, their compadres
So lucky they are to have
Found such a friend who would
Accompany their darkness and touches of melancholy
And wipe their tears for them.

So many incidents have I clocked
Wherein the companions take proud faith
To support each other
The loneliness thereby fades until
A speck of unforeseen betrayal
Upsets the clean, spotless friendship.

The fear of losing one or
Possibly the bogey of never getting one
Has caused me to become a man
Without support from anyone his age
Inscribed upon my heart are bitter feelings
For the friends that were never allies.

Harshness fell all around as
Nobody seemed to care
Deep sunk did my lively spirit
A shipwreck, too deep to be salvaged
Henceforth, I have a reason why,
Why I never had a friend.

-F. Julian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#14 (And Hence Love Waned)

#8 (Mother)

#4 (A Eulogy)